Review of Chulux Single Serve K Cups Coffee Maker
This Chulux Single Cup K Cup Coffee Maker review takes you through the key features of this compact, budget-priced, one cup coffee maker that are also often called ‘coffee on demand’ coffee makers.
Read more about Procoffeenating and how we review coffee makers.
The Chulux Single Cup Coffee Maker uses K-Cups, which are also sometimes referred to as coffee capsules, and in some countries as coffee pods.
However, in America, the term pod should not be confused with coffee sachets.
This machine will fit most K-Cups that are available for purchase, and you will not have the 1.0/2.0 proprietary issues that can be annoying with Kuerig Machines.
Purchase and drink whatever K-Cup/capsule coffee you prefer, including Green Mountain, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Doughnuts.
Brewing with a Chulux One Cup Coffee Maker
Operating the Chulux single-cup machine is a simple 5 step process:
- Twist the knob on the top to unlock the lid.
- Fill the water reservoir with the amount of water to match the size of cup you want to brew. A good idea is to use the cup you are going to brew into, but don’t forget to allow for any milk or creamer you are going to add after.
- Insert the K Cup/Coffee capsule of your choice
- Shut and twist the knob to lock the lid
- Press the simple one-touch brewing button and the machine will automatically activate.
Brewing should take approximately 1 minutes for 3.5oz and 2 minutes for 12.7 oz. The whole brewing process will last for 3 minutes. The machine will then auto-shutoff.
Personalise your Brew
There are hundreds of different coffee types now available in the K-Cup format. With a little experimentation, you should be able to find a brew type or flavor you prefer.
If there is more than one coffee drinker in the house who has different tastes, you can easily alter each cup brewed by swapping the brand/flavor of the capsule to be used.
You can then further personalize the final taste of the final product with the milk/creamer or sugar as you like.
Types of Single Serve Coffee Makers – which one makes the best coffee?
It is often described as a battle between Drip Filter vs K Cup/Capsules.
Lovers of both types of machines are usually passionate in their belief that their chosen type of machine makes the best coffee.
However, I don’t believe there is one correct answer to this question. Your favorite brew is a very personal choice.
Any answer to the question of ‘best coffee’ is a subjective one as one person’s ‘nectar’ is another’s ‘poison’.
Choosing the best coffee machine for your needs
When choosing the right machine for your life or household, think about what coffee you prefer, the number of cups you will brew per day and so on.
Use that information to guide your decision, not a ‘coffee snobs’ argument about what they believe is a ‘real coffee’.
Who cares if they turn up their nose at your choice?
You are the one buying and drinking the coffee you brew!
- If you like the convenience and flavor of K Cups, buy a machine that brews using those.
- Prefer a direct ‘grind to cup’ coffee, buy one that drip filters.
- For really strong coffee, buy an espresso maker.
Base the decision on your needs – amount of use, amount you want to pay, type of coffee you want to drink.
The Chulux One Cup K Cup Coffee Maker: Disposable Capsules and the Environment
One of the major problems with coffee capsules is that they are one use. The K Cup then needs to be discarded.
Most are still not recyclable and add to the world’s landfill problems.
If you want to live a more sustainable life and not use capsules all of the time, the Chulux Single Cup Coffee Maker can be used with a Reusable Stainless Mesh Filters. These need to be purchased separately from your coffee machine.
What do we like about this machine?
- It is easy and quick to use. There is no glass carafe, so nothing to drop and smash.
- Low-cost purchase point – you won’t ‘break the bank’ buying this machine.
- It is also compact, light-weight and easy to stow away when not in use – it won’t take up a lot of space in a cupboard. With 5 color options, you can choose the color that suits your life/kitchen or decor best.
- No used coffee grinds to dispose of.
- Its automatic shut-off feature which turns off the machine after the brewing cycle is complete.
You never need to worry if your Chulux One Serve K Cup Coffee Machine is still on after you leave the house for work, to drop the kids to school, to run errands or head to an early morning meeting or class.
- The machine uses most k-cups or coffee capsules on the market. You are not locked into one k-cup type because of proprietary technology by one coffee machine manufacturer.
- You can easily drink a variety of coffee types and flavors by simply changing the capsule you use. Light roast – tick! Hot chocolate – tick! Vanilla/Hazelnut/Chai flavored – tick, tick, tick!
- Alternating between capsules and fresh ground coffee is easy with the purchase and use of Reusable Stainless Mesh Filters.
- The key brewing components are easy to remove for cleaning – just rinse under warm water and dry.
What do we not like about this machine?
- You can only personalize your cup of coffee with the capsule you choose. The machine cannot brew more strongly.
- While the machine is compact, you can not brew directly in a standard 14-16 oz travel mug. The maximum size cup that will fit into this machine is 12oz.
- The Chulux Single Serve Coffee Maker offers good value for money but does not have some of the functionality of more expensive machines. It doesn’t have are any timed functions such as a clock or overnight setting for the morning.
- The constant need to buy K Cups/capsules – a cost that will add up.
- We could not access a website from the manufacturer. They provide an email address and do have a Facebook page, but no online details of parts etc are available. However, if bought from Amazon, their return guidelines will apply.
What type of households is the Chulux Single Serve K Cups Coffee Maker Best Suited To?
- Small Apartment or Compact Kitchen
- Home Office
- RV or Motorhome or Caravan
- Holiday Home/Cabin
Or, anywhere you are short on space and storage.
- Use the cup you are going to brew into to fill the machine. If you add milk or creamer, don’t forget to take this into account when filling your cup.
- Don’t overfill the coffee maker as this may cause the water to overflow.
- When one cycle is complete, the coffeemaker automatically shuts off.
- Try to leave the machine for 3-5 minutes between brew cycles to stop it overheating.
Key Features of the Chulux Single Cup K Cup Coffee Maker
|Type of Coffee||K-Cups/Capsule coffee maker|
|Size||4.3 x 7.5 x 9.8 in|
|Automatic Shut off||Yes|
|Cord Length||Not shown|
|Water Reservoir||Yes, internal|
|Warranty||One year for domestic use only|
|Replacement parts available||Unclear - see comments|
|Number of Reviews on Amazon||Over 620|
For inquiries about replacement parts visit the Chulux Facebook Page or search for it directly on Facebook as Chulux CSS.
Click here to read the Chulux User Manual and Warranty
Who is the Chulux One Serve Coffee Maker best for?
This model is best-suited to coffee drinkers who prefer the taste and convenience of K-Cup Coffee capsules to drip filtered coffee.
It is ideal for:
- Single person households
- Households where there is only one coffee drinker or two moderate drinkers, where both don’t want to brew at the same time.
- Households with 1-2 moderate coffee drinkers who have different coffee tastes and preferences.
- Homes with limited space (small kitchen or apartment)
- Personal Holiday homes (where there is only one coffee drinker)
- Students living in dorm rooms
- Anyone with mobility or disability issues who prefers to not handle a full glass carafe full of hot liquid. This coffee maker is without a carafe – it has an internal water reservoir.
Chulux Single Serve K Cups Coffee Maker Instructions
Download a copy of the Chulux User Manual and watch the video from the manufacturer on how easy the Chulux Coffee on Demand, K-Cup Coffee Machine is to use.
This post contains some affiliate links. This means that if you find this buying guide helpful and click on one of the product links, we may receive a small commission from the seller. This is a no extra cost to you, or the product manufacturer. You can read our full disclosure here. Procoffeenating is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and its partners. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Thank you for supporting Procoffeenating.com