Black & Decker Personal Coffee Maker Model DCM18S Review
This Black and Decker Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffeemaker DCM18S review takes you through the key features of this budget-priced, one cup coffee maker or as they are often referred to, ‘coffee on demand coffee makers.’
Read more about Procoffeenating and how we review coffee makers.
About the Black and Decker Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffee Maker DCM18S
The Black and Decker single cup coffee maker is a fast, no-hassle, low-cost way to brew your morning coffee, on the run. Or, for that mid-morning/mid-afternoon coffee fix in the office.
Use your own preferred coffee grinds to tailor a cup of coffee to your own personal tastes (flavor/strength).
This single-serve coffee maker brews directly into a 15 oz stainless steel travel mug with handle that will fit snugly into most car cup holders.
Note: One insulated travel mug is included with your purchase.
Start your day by either ‘brewing and sipping’ or ‘brewing on the run’ (to go).
Compact and Portable – take the Machine with You
Alternatively, if you are traveling for business and like a decent cup of coffee in the morning, or visiting friends or family who are not coffee drinkers, this Black and Decker One Cup Coffee Maker is portable – it is lightweight and compact enough to carry with you in your luggage.
Enjoy your favorite coffee no matter where you are.
There is no need to buy paper filters as this machine has a permanent
mesh metal filter for your coffee grounds that is easy to remove and rinse and can be put in your dishwasher.
While it is not programmable, so you can’t set it to brew before you get up in the morning the Black & Decker Single Cup Coffee Maker does has an easy to use lighted one-touch brew button.
You can control the strength and taste of your ‘Cup of Joe’ by the type and amount of coffee grounds you use.
When turned on, your coffee will brew quickly.
The Black & Decker Single Cup Coffee Maker also features a handy automatic shut off feature and will turn itself off after it has finished brewing. So, no more worrying about remembering to turn it off as you race out the door to get to work, or to get the kids to school.
With its light-weight, space-saving design, two classic color options (Black & Silver and Black & White), and low price point, you will be tempted to buy more than one Black & Decker One Cup Coffee Maker and keep them wherever you want to brew that ‘cup of Joe’:
- Office (stow it in a desk drawer)
- Home Office
- RV or Motorhome
- Holiday Home/Cabin
- Car (when visiting friends or family who don’t drink coffee)
1. Let the machine cool down for at least 3-5 minutes before you try to brew another cup. This will help prevent the unit overheating.
2. This coffee maker is made from a sturdy plastic – making it both light-weight and low-cost. However, this may mean that it will not stand up to rough treatment. While it doesn’t require ‘kid gloves’ treatment, it is unlikely to withstand rough treatment or being dropped too many times.
3. If brewing into a smaller mug, try to center it on the machine’s cup pad to catch any splashes.
Key Features of the Black and Decker Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffee Maker DCM18S
|Type of Coffee||Drip filter with own coffee grounds|
|Size||7 x 10.2 x 6.9 in|
|Material Type||Plastic/Stainless Steel Mug|
|Automatic Shut off||Yes with lighted On/Off Switch and Brew Ready buttons|
|Other Handy Extras||Handy Coffee Ready Signal & Auto Optimal Temperature.
Hit the on switch and coffee will brew at an optimal temperature ensuring the best flavor.
Built-in Cord Storage
One x 15 oz travel mug included
The machine has own easy to remove Permanent Filter, no additional disposable coffee filters are required.
|Water Reservoir||Not Applicable|
|Replacement parts available||Yes|
|Number of Reviews on Amazon||Over 6,000|
Who is the Black and Decker Single Serve Coffee Maker is best for?
This model is best-suited coffee drinkers who prefer the taste of drip filtered brewed coffee to K-cup/Coffee Pods.
It is ideal for:
- Single person households
- Households where there is only one coffee drinker
- Households with limited space (small kitchen or apartment)
- Personal Holiday homes (where there is only one coffee drinker)
- Students living in dorm rooms
- Business Travellers
- Backpackers and other travelers (who want their favorite brew in the morning, no matter where they are in the world…don’t forget to take a worldwide power adapter with you if you are traveling overseas)
- Personal use in the office (stow it in a desk drawer)
- Shift workers or people who work in institutions renowned for their bad coffee (stow it in your staff locker)
- Soldiers on deployment – as long as they can access, or you can send them their favorite coffee grind. While they are far from home, send them a memory of home.
- Anyone with mobility or disability issues who prefers to not handle a full glass carafe full of hot liquid.
- Elderly parents
Black and Decker Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffee Maker DCM18S User Manual
Download a copy of the Black and Decker Brew ‘n Go Personal Coffeemaker DCM18S User Manual and watch the video from Black and Decker on how easy this Black and Decker Single Brew Coffee Maker is to use.
This post contains some affiliate links. This means that if you find this buying guide helpful and click on one of the product links, we may receive a small commission from the seller. This is a no extra cost to you, or the product manufacturer. You can read our full disclosure here. Procoffeenating is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and its partners. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Thank you for supporting Procoffeenating.com